Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Introducing Needgr8r.org!

Looking to support needgreaters, I may have just the thing for you!



If you haven't seen my post on work,  I'm always looking for some work that I can do from Nicaragua to support my life here. It doesn't require much, since the only country poorer is Haiti. However, there are still costs incurred for rent, travel, and visas etc.

In the past, as you can tell from my blog, I take trips back to Florida or Minnesota in order to work as a sign language interpreter. As fun as it is to reconnect with friends and family, most of the time I'm not free to do anything other than work. That leaves me with very little time to visit. The biggest problem is that while away there isn't anyone who can care for my bible students.

The solution that most need-greaters have discovered is working online. Many are teaching English. It's not something that I've been able to do, but for many it provides the income needed. Finding work online has a few challenges, the same that we run into when looking for work of any kind. As need-greaters scheduling is the toughest. Well, there may be a new solution to that problem and it comes in the form of a website by JWs for JWs called needgr8r.org

Haven't heard of them? I'm not surprised. They are still relatively small but for those of us on the hunt for work, from people who can sympathize with our schedules and lives abroad, this has been a life changer.

It's operates like most other online freelancer websites in that it connects people who have work with people who want work.

"Needgr8r is a website where jobs are posted by brothers and sisters offering remote work to need greaters around the world.
Do you know a need greater who might find this project valuable? Please let them know!
Would you like to help a need greater by providing remote work? (See section Remote Work?)
Even one hour of remote work can help support a need greater in their foreign assignment...Here are a few ideas however please be creative and come up with new ones!
*Want to learn a new language, hobby, or musical instrument?*Need help with your accounts, formatting documents, or writing reports?*Do you or your children need tutoring in math, science, or computer skills?*Could your business use admin assistance or other skills?*Would you like help with personal items?
A one time job or a few hours a week is very helpful to those serving in foreign assignments so learn more, post a job, and support a need greater."- needgr8r.org
Sites like this one only work if people support it. I'm sharing this with everyone I know in the hopes that they know someone who has work for a need-greater somewhere in the world. Please spread the word. 

S:-)

4 comments:

  1. This is UH-mazing. As a need-greater who recently had to drop their main client to keep clear of danger and also as a need-greater that has a client who wants me to form a TEAM, this is great! Of course, I had you girls in mind so before I say too much on this comment... lets talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, I'm so glad we talked! My hope is that more people will realize what a wonderful pool of need-greater employees they have to choose from and start offering more jobs. At last check there were over 100 need-greaters looking for work and job listings were around 12.

      Delete
    2. Hello there, I know this is 3 years too late, but if you still know of an opportunity to support my service abroad, please let me know.

      Delete
    3. Never too late there's always work opportunities if you know where to look. For now, feel free to check out the site mentioned above and stay tuned for my big update with lots more information on freelance work opportunities.

      Delete