Saturday, October 11, 2014

SERVICE, WORK, HOME, AND NEWS

It's Going To Be Another Busy Year

It's so interesting the things you learn about people serving here in Nicaragua. I met up with a couple that moved here when I did and found that not only did the adopt an Ocelot...yeah, I didn't know what that was either. There's a picture below but feel free to Google that one. She looks a little like a miniature leopard. She's belongs in the 'wild cat' family but this kind couple saved her from a birdcage and starvation. Then they built a small chocolate business to earn money while living here. and named it for their big kitty. Chocolate..mmmm...my favorite. I volunteered my services in exchange for chocolate ;-)



Now that we're moving these are just a few of the things we're going to miss. The giant bins of mangoes we used to get. Sure there were tons on the ground half eaten by the birds that used to crap on my laundry but admittedly we'd gotten used to them. Keep us in your prayers as we keep looking for a new place.



The preaching activity here is not without it's bit of fun and surprises. The circus came to town in Granada so one day I got up close and personal with some lions. Puppies are an almost daily occurrence but sometimes they just pull at your heart strings and I snap a picture. The service activity has been full of amazing views and amazing people. Students becoming publishers is a big deal anywhere, especially in the sign language territory. We had 5 auxiliary pioneers in the month of August and 9 in September. I wouldn't have made my time without them. They are a wonderful support to the pioneers and the congregation. One of my friends came to visit from the states and we had blast. She's a deaf sister hoping to serve where there's a need. I'm hoping to get her in touch with the brothers and sisters serving in Belize too since they use ASL in that part of Central America. If you know of anyone please contact me using the form to the right or email. 




S:-)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful big cat! I've heard of them but don't think i've ever seen a picture that i can recall. Sounds like you've had a great year so far and i'll sure pray that yall can find a suitable place asap!

    ReplyDelete