Monday, March 31, 2014

Back in Nicaragua Still Getting Settled

March has been a crazy month. Returning from work in the states always requires some 'transition' time. It's not as easy as it looks after working day and night as an interpreter to jump back into walking miles a day teaching the deaf from the Bible. 

http://zachnrobynn.blogspot.com/


What helps me the most are my friends here in Nicaragua and around the world doing what I do. They've left their countries and have moved to preach in an area where there is more need. They do it with a smile even when things are tough. I had the opportunity to meet up with some of my blogging friends for dinner 'offline' and it was fantastic! 


http://charleyrachel.blogspot.com/

I didn't eat this, but it was staring me down!

Here is my bowl of seafood soup, yep the shells are still attached.






10 comments:

  1. EEEK...both those meals are terrifying. I guess being in a land locked country is beneficial after all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that fried fish is totally staring you down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...yes it was. Looks like that scary fish from Finding Nemo. But we had the last laugh, since he got ate!

      Delete
  3. Pescado frito! Took me forever to try fried fish the way most hispanic people prepare it. One of my cambodian friends who was serving in a Spanish cong for a few yrs convinced me to try it. I wanted to get over that fear should I ever serve in central america. I loved it! Yumny!!! Glad you enjoyed lunch with everyone. :) funny that I follow all of these blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're ever in the area you know where to come. We're the place with the scary looking but tasty fish ;-)

      Delete
  4. We had so much fun. But why does our food look scarier in photos than in real life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! It was so awesome having you guys down. I hope I get to see you at the convention this year.

      Delete
  5. That is so true girl about the "transition period"! I have experienced it sooo many times and it's hard to explain sometimes. Glad you are getting in the swing of things and got to hang out with some really great bloggers!

    ReplyDelete