Wednesday, December 4, 2013

COUNTING THE COST: A Series

*Keep track of the dates people, things change here so if you see this a year from now remind me to update it ;-)

I couldn't fit everything in one post the way I wanted to, so I decided to break it down into a series of posts all with the main title COUNTING THE COST. Everyone has different needs and different expectations so I thought we'd take each theme and break it down so that it's a little more comprehensive. 

The second most asked question I get is how much does it cost or how much should I save up to come down. 

I'll be honest and straight with you. I HAVE NO IDEA. It depends on what kind of trip you're planning. A person who's moving here to serve for several years is looking for something very different than a family coming for two weeks. Some people are here to preach, play or just visit with friends. That being said let me try to at least point you in the 'ballpark' of what you can expect.

If you're serious about coming to Nicaragua and there's something you'd like to see feel free to comment below. All previous comments from other posts are already being included for those who've been following my blog for awhile. 

S:-)

4 comments:

  1. I love that sentence "Everyone has different needs and different expectations..." It is so true. People live on such a variety of budgets. It all depends on the lifestyle and level of comfort you want to maintain. For some people, $500/mo is enough, and for others $2000/mo is too little. It all depends on what you expect to get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thanks for chiming in. I think sometimes people are embarrassed to say what they're really looking for, in fear of being judged but as I was told the day I got here: It's YOU that has to live in that heat, in that apartment, with those neighbors. Only you can make the call as far as what you can handle.

      Delete
  2. Hi Shelina, thank you for touching on this subject the best that you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for coming by. If there's anything missing or that you have questions about just let me know.

      Delete