Wednesday, October 30, 2013

We've Got Something New!

Something that a lot of people don't realize is that when you're serving in a foreign language assignment, you're only organizational changes come from the Branch or even language you're serving under. So let's say you're from the U.S. but serving under Mexico Branch in Chinese. The things that are relevant to your current congregation is dependent on Mexico Branch not the U.S. Branch.

Put simply: when you're serving under different Branches or in foreign language you don't always get the same goodies at the same time.

For example: International conventions invitations but to different locations.
Annual Meetings are at different times of the year.
New publications in English aren't mentioned at your meetings in Chinese.

So imagine our pleasant surprise when someone was kind enough to bring us copies of the new Bibles. We figured on maybe getting to touch the Bible in a few months when we eventually returned to the States, but to have our very own copies is beyond priceless.

To all of you friends back in English speaking Branches and congregations that received the new Bibles, remember they are a precious gift and a privilege to own, cherish them as much as we do.

S:-)

6 comments:

  1. Someone beat me to it. Oh well no doubt someone else down there will be happy to get the bible I was going to give to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you so much, I can't believe it. So many people have been coming forward, thinking of us.

      There are plenty that still don't have them so you won't have to hold on to them long :)

      It's the thought Rachel, you still get credit for that.

      Delete
  2. Wow that is something to think about. I am truly enjoying our new Bible. Have you all had an annual meeting where you are yet? On your previous page someone posted a comment about serving in Paraguay but didnt leave their name or anything. Do you know of anyone serving where the need is greater there? I live in GA, USA and im seriously considering serving in Paraguay and would love to hear about experiences there.

    Samantha J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha, I'm sorry about the late response. November is a busy month for me but I wanted to get back to you. I don't know who left the comment for Paraguay either. I hope they get in touch with you.

      Delete
    2. Hi! That's no problem I know how busy things must get for you. I appreciate you responding though. I'm hoping they'll get in touch too. I really enjoy reading about all your experiences by the way. Very inspiring and encouraging. Thanx again!

      Samantha J.

      Delete
  3. So wonderful! Being in French Africa we often feel out of the loop when it comes to English publications and special meetings. So glad you got your Bibles. Ours are on the way and I can't wait!

    A Missionary's Life
    ilynca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete