Thursday, August 22, 2013

Nicaragua's First Sign Language Pioneer School

Nicaragua LSN 2013
Did you miss me? I hope so. Where have I been? Well, I think the title gives it away. I was in school and making history at the same time.


It's like being a part of the first congregation somewhere, truly pioneering. The first ever Regular Pioneer Class for sign language here in Nicaragua was monumental and full. It was held in the city of Masaya. A two week course beginning on August 5, with classes starting at 9am and ending at 4 pm, with weekends off was intense, to say the least. The class supported a range of regular, and special pioneers including the wife of the circuit overseer. The years in service also ranged from one year to about 15. The diverse range of experience only added a richness to the class that yielded a lot of deep conversation.

Here's a first look at this fabulous group of people serving where the need is greater.


Noehmi & Me
Aww, freak out!
Masaya Regular Pioneers

I learned a lot in my second class and had a very unique experience. So much so, that it is hard to find the words to explain it. Seeing is believing, if you're interested in trying out a foreign territory but Spanish, Chinese, Miskito isn't your thing, before you give up try sign language. There is still a need here for workers and the rewards are bountiful. Come to Masaya Sign Language, visitors are always welcome.


S:-)

8 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Congrats chica! I hope to see you on the bus to El Salvador so I can hear all about your school and to catch up a bit. Thanks for always giving us the real story. Take care.
    Chante'

    ReplyDelete
  2. A true blessing! Keep up the good work. Kia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much, it was so nice to really 'talk' to the people who are pioneering, special and missionaries in my circuit, lots of experience in this class, it was great.

      Delete
  3. Hiya,

    Great pics and what a privilege! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did my second time around.

    Hugs!
    AK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a privilege, I enjoyed it better than my first time. I wasn't sure that was possible.

      Delete
  4. I am soooo happy for you! What a truly amazing experience. I guess you can share more highlights later. Keep us posted on your new city. Have a good move and all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much more to come. I'm going to be in a brand new city so I'm going to be giving you all the Tour of Nindiri sometime later on in the year.

      Delete