Sunday, June 10, 2012

Costa Rica

So I FINALLY got to see some of Costa Rica... here are just a few of the highlights from my trip across the border to renew my visa. 

I started with the last sunset we had over looking the ocean as the first pic just because it was so peaceful and beautiful. Thanks Irma, I got some of the best sleep I've had all year.



First stop was to San Jose to see Angeline's new home.

 Yes do not adjust your screen: that is a real strawberry in my hand. It tasted so sweet. We don't get fresh berries in Nicaragua just a little too far but in Costa Rica...mmm.mmm....good. They sell them right in the corner stores. 
People that's not another head, that's a mango! Takes two hands just to hold it.

Angline's little sister Katherine and I. This is the shy one :)

This little sweetie is a new addition to their family and our hearts. And just loved to jump on laps and hang out. Made us feel so welcome.


El barrio Lomas de Pavas where lots of Nicaraguans have settled.

This is my handiwork. She needed her hair done and I enjoyed doing it. 
Here's dad Alberto hard at work at the shoe shop. He works about half a block from the house. So close he can have all his meals at home with his family. 

Our sweet Angeline with her mother, Faviola and younger sister, Katherine. 
We miss them but happy to see them so nicely settled.

S:-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shelina. This is Rachel Matthews from Indianapolis. We met at the English Circuit Assembly in Ticuantepe. Charley & I are working on going back down there, but for a year or so. I have a bunch of questions I'd love to ask you, but I don't seem to have your email address. Can you contact me so that I can email you? Thanks! My email address is poet@indybrits.com

    ReplyDelete