Monday, March 14, 2011

Hard Hats and Hard Work

This also belongs to the month of February. I spent some time at the Ft. Lauderdale sign language congregation working on the roof.
We worked for two weekends and then we were 90% done. There was only the roof of the shed left by the end. We even took time to paint and prepare the Kingdom Hall for the upcoming Memorial. Since there will be a lot of people who've never set foot in a Hall before, we like to make sure everything looks nice and well presented.




I loved working on the roof but I only got to do that one weekend. The second weekend I was assigned to the first aid department for my ability to interpret for the deaf that were working on site. It's a safety precaution required by the brothers so that if anything needs to be addressed from safety or if an unlikely accident should take place there is someone on hand immediately to translate. Since we're pretty safe folks it was a lot of sitting around but I met up with some fantastic people. Spanish, English, Chinese and Sign Language congregations all working together to make the place look nice in a safe way.

S:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment