Sunday, December 5, 2010

Caballos en la Calle



This is a little something that I meant to share earlier. It's that time of the year in Granada when it gets harder and harder to get to sleep because of the religious festivals happening every weekend and even during some weekdays.

This little "caballo" even started around 10pm and finished around midnight. Horses and at least half of the 100,000 residents marched in front of my window to music and horse trots. This is the view from my balcony apartment. I decided instead of trying to get some sleep that I'd actually get a look at the show.

BTW tonight is another event. They've got lights and decorations up and bands playing in the street. Not cohesively or anything but very loud horns and drums in conflict with each other. I don't think I'll be getting to bed anytime soon so I'm going to stay up late and watch movies.
S:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment