Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just another day in the life....

First off, sorry to anyone who's been anxiously waiting for news from the Nica front. I've been sick so the blog is the first thing to suffer :)

After getting over it we've had some very interesting weather here. After an extremely dry season we're into the "wet" season a.k.a. winter. This is just a little of what the people here have to contend with on a rainy day. It's obviously not enough to deter some people.

Nice to know I'm so close to the water.


I went out to the Lake with Pilar again to preach. It's always an adventure and this time we had some clouds to keep us from dying from the heat. It was the kind of day you pray for when you know you're going to put in a good 4 to 5 hours in Central America. And the lake looked just beautiful this morning.

This little treat comes right off the tree. I have a little bit of a sensitive stomach right now so I didn't get a good taste of this goodie but when I'm feeling 100 percent this is on my list. It has a name I just can't remember it right now. I'll get back to you and post it right here.

This little guy is an empty shell from something called a chochorro(sp?). He was used in an illustration by the district overseer at the last assembly.

This is us getting a ride back from walking the lake. It's a trek but thanks to a kind hearted bible study we didn't have to walk all the way back.

Yeah, this is me and the baby cows. Preaching in Nicaragua, just another day in the life.



S:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment