Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Visitor


So glad I had a friend to come visit. It is hard to describe what it is like to move someplace and have all these experiences and familiar areas and people that no one else knows. Thanks the Allison that is no longer the case. She has walked the streets with me and let me show her 'my Granada.' These are just a few of the highlights: lots of great food, new friends and amazing volcanic sights.

Irma we met at one of our favorite restaurants: The Garden Cafe. It used to be a traditional colonial home and converted into a comfy open air restaurant.
Allison and I at the best pizza in Granada (dare I say Nicaragua :) Monna Lisa. Yes, Monna not Mona as Mona is a female monkey and not a good translation into Spanish for the lady in the famous pictures.
'Geo Metro' like rental then turning back from the road to Masaya exiting a parade during political holiday - requiring a second day rental *sigh*;
After a quick tour of Ticuantepe Bethel in Nicaragua and willing the small car straight up the road to this volcano then four flights of stairs to the top, making this shot - PRICELESS.

Just enjoying a glass of Pitahaya juice at Parque Central.

S:-)

5 comments:

  1. Go girls!!! enjoy, enjoy, enjoy ....and work hard helping out of course!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAww I just checked your blog. I had such a great time. I hope to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to come visit if I could afford the time & money! Looks like you two had a wonderful time :) Looks like I'm heading to Belleville, MI for the Sat a.m. baptism in a couple weeks - my former study Marge is getting baptized (subject to service committee approval)! Love ya, girl! Keep on keepin' on! ~ Lynetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for my visit..soon as things are more clearer as to my vacation and job...I will be on my way...need it much...I am trying to reach out more right now for aux pioneering again in hopes to pioneer...my goal! Much encouragement needed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're still avid readers, btw. Miss you. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete