Monday, June 21, 2010

TEARS, LAUGHTER, and JOY

The beginning of this leg of my journey met with some unexpected and unwelcome news. As most of you know, with Spirit Airlines pilots on strike that left me stranded in Florida with little prospect of returning to Nicaragua as scheduled. Thanks to a lot of prayer and some family help I was able to procure another ticket with another airline the following day. (I know it sounds uneventful but I was in a panic).

Touch down was bouncy to say the least. I didn't realize how high you can actually go after hitting the tarmac. After arriving in Managua and hour and a half later than scheduled (another long story). I was welcomed by warm smiles and big hugs. It only took about thirty minutes to get my 3 bags and four people in the two door Fiat (yeah, that's how we roll in Nicaragua).

This weekend was full of activity. With the pioneer meeting on Friday and two day assembly on Saturday and Sunday I was up at about 5:30am everyday and in bed by 10pm at night but it was fantastic. Peak attendance was 444 on Sunday. One of my bible studies came and it was his first time as well as mine and we both made lots of new friends.
Overall, it was well worth the struggles to get here just to meet almost everyone serving in sign language throughout all of Nicaragua.
S:-)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Shelina! Just so you know ... I'm reading your blog! :-)

    ...Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you arrived safely to enjoy your spiritual feast. Good to see you before you left .. who knows, next time we get together may be in Nica, not stateside! Hee! Lots of love, and can't wait to read more about your adventures! Luv, us

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sorry we miss each other again...we leave wed going back to fla...oh well, glad you happy to be back , enjoy being busy!! maybe we will see you somewhere, any chance of you visiting Honduras?? jijiji

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember the strike. and hope you have a wonderful time after the bouncy landing... from Laionel

    ReplyDelete