Monday, April 26, 2010

The Rain has finally come!




The storms down here are serious. We didn't lose power on those days but the roads get completely flooded at night and the rain falls so hard you can't hear anyone speaking to you in the same room.

We went to an active Volcano in Masaya. It was a bit smokey but it was nice. The scarves are good for keeping out most of the sulfur but those with asthma beware!

The next morning we had our first breakfast out because Haley needed to get to the airport. We ate at The Garden Cafe where the literally have a garden in the middle, complete with hammocks to sit and lie in.

The breakfast is reasonable too, I had blueberries in my shake which I haven't had since I left the states. Nice to get a few more antioxidants :)

Yesterday was our Zone Visit with brother Loesch. The He speaks Spanish fluently so the entire program was in Spanish so I recorded. I'm going to have to listen to it a couple more times before I understand it all but it was very encouraging to be with all the need greaters and missionaries from all over the country and to get update encouragement from the GB. Lots of changes happening in Central America. Stay tuned...


S:-)

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun...Hammock can be relaxing
    but beware of others hairs getting on them if you lay down...you do not want to catch something.....

    ReplyDelete