Monday, April 19, 2010

Amazing what people won't live without!

This is just a sample of the homes we found in the area that chose Dish over other basic things like: I don't know...sturdy walls. But it got me to thinking about the things that we value and what we are willing to sacrifice for them.

Living in Nicaragua is a very different experience for me and after 2 months I've learned that there are a lot of things I thought I couldn't live without that I've been doing just fine without.

For example:

Never thought I'd get over Starbucks, but some how I've stumbled upon a decent substitute, (no not Dunkin Donuts) The Chocolate Cafeteria.

My truck: Although I miss it and sometimes it would make life easier. It's rare that I miss driving. I like to walk here and I've had the opportunity to ride a bike and a Motorcycle. But walking is still my favorite and so far the safest. There is the buses too but I wouldn't rate them as choice for transpo. A child of the bus system I have a hard time getting on them as an adult. Yes, it could just be psychological...so?

My phone: I still miss what it could do but amazingly enough I can survive without it. Granted, I don't have the kind of life that needs a phone like that anymore. I have to say I like the pace that my life has come to. I know its not for everyone but for those of you who haven't tried it yet, I say, get out the map and lay your finger anywhere and try it. You might be surprised.
S:-)

2 comments:

  1. That is interesting to see...Priorities in life are different...like people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I'm proud of you for not needing Starbucks! Should we run an intervention when you get back to help you stay off Starbucks so you don't get addicted again? ;o)

    ReplyDelete