Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tickets in Hand


Now that I've officially purchased my tickets to Managua, Nicaragua it's time to start writing my heart out.

I've been wanting to do something like this since I was thirteen years old and I first heard about the Gilead school.

Well I didn't get to go to Gilead. I'm also not a official missionary. But I did get some support from Bethel and I am going to a foreign field to serve. I guess that's what's so surprising is learning that sometimes there are several paths to a goal and not just one.

A lot of people have been asking me if I'm excited or scared and the answer is yes. I am. To be honest this is one of the biggest adventures of my life and I can't wait and at the same time I'm dragging my feet. I think part of change is the feeling that you're going to loose something.

I'm the kind of person who looses, glasses, keys, clothes, whatever. But that abstract feeling of something lost grows when ever I decide to move. In my mind this is a move. Though temporary for now it's a major spiritual move forward and I feel like I'm going to miss something.

Then the excitement of a new language turns my head and I'm in again. The pictures of the friends that I have there tug at my heart. The remembrance of the deaf that I met in the field and how hungry they were for more information and contact in their own language makes me think about what I should pack. I'm 'helper' by nature but I'm a nurtured 'need-greater' and I can't wait to get started.
S:-)

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited for you and this big step in your life. I am always excited when you decide to do spiritual and up building things esp for Jehovah! I am also sad when you go away and this will be even further then you are now. You are a encouragement to me and many you do not even know. I always feel like I am some how with you experiencing the same because you share so well. You will be an asset to those you meet and come in contact with. Jehovah will no doubt bless all you do their.

    ReplyDelete